B&A Urban – Land Use Amendment & Planning Advisor
Since 2015 B&A Planning Group have been the “go to” planners for the University of Calgary Properties Group (formerly West Campus Development Trust). B&A has been instrumental in creating a land use framework to enable the success of the University District – Calgary’s best-selling urban community. Over the years B&A Planning Group has worked with the client as a trusted land use planning advisor based on our City of Calgary expertise and knowledge of the local market on a series of applications to ensure development meets the vision for this unique Calgary community. Specifically crafted land use applications enabled:
- Broadening of all the land uses to accommodate a broader range of uses, opportunities and flexibility particularly on the Main Street and around the Children’s Hospital
- Adjusting residential districts to ensure appropriate height and density as well as parking standards are realized
- Reconfiguring storm pond facilities and park spaces to ensure a high-quality system of open spaces
- Coordination and cooperation between the University of Calgary & University District through boundary adjustments to enable contiguous development
- Coordination and cooperation with Alberta Health Services in the construction of temporary parking facilities that were displaced due to construction related to the Cancer Centre at the Foothills Medical Centre
We are proud of our ongoing working relationship with the University of Calgary Properties Group. This is one of many testaments to B&A’s focus on relationship. We are there for our clients delivering quality results to address their needs over a number of years.